Trinity Senior Living Community Nursing and Administration Jobs at Mary Free Bed Sub-Acute Rehabilitation:
Exploring your options for fulfilling and challenging jobs in Grand Rapids? We encourage you to consider a career at Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital. Here are the top 5 reasons to come grow with us.
1. Values-driven Culture: Mary Free Bed was founded in 1891 by a group of Grand Rapids women. They wanted to provide free, quality healthcare to those who couldn’t afford it. Today, we remain an independent, community-owned acute care rehabilitation hospital focused solely on rehabilitation for children and adults. We offer services for people who’ve experienced a spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, cancer or amputation, among other debilitating conditions.
The Mary Free Bed Guild provides leadership for our hospital. These community-minded women ensure we retain the values that built Mary Free Bed. They volunteer as greeters, messengers and keepers of our nurturing culture and purpose.
2. Growth: Following a significant expansion in early 2015, Mary Free Bed is now the fifth largest free-standing rehabilitation hospital in the nation. We’re also growing outside of Grand Rapids, with a partnership with Sparrow Hospital in Lansing. Our expanding rehabilitation network includes Borgess Hospital in Kalamazoo, Hackley Hospital in Muskegon and McLaren, Metro and Trinity health systems.
3. Innovation: We empower our employees to think and perform in innovative ways and then we rely on their ideas and insights to maintain our role as an industry leader. From our Motion Analysis Center to customized wheelchair seating and ceiling-mounted ambulation system, we’re always pushing the boundaries to find new ways to help our patients be successful and independent.
Our John F. Butzer Center for Research and Innovation identifies our best practices and helps us elevate them to the next level. We partner with Michigan State University College of Human Medicine and others to conduct research and teach medical students about rehabilitation medicine.
4. Challenge: People with extraordinarily complex needs often become patients at Mary Free Bed because of our extensive experience. If you’re a caregiver, you’ll join a team that personalizes the care offered to each patient. Non-caregivers are just as important to our patients. From security and housekeeping to IT and plant services, everyone plays an integral role in helping Mary Free Bed run as effectively and efficiently as possible. Everyone has a voice and is encouraged to use it.
5. Competitive Rewards: We have high expectations for our employees. We also have flexible scheduling options and highly competitive salary and benefits packages. We encourage continuing education and provide tuition reimbursement for college classes, seminars and conferences. As a result, many clinicians are additionally credentialed. Our nursing staff includes a significant number of certified rehabilitation registered nurses. Also, the Mary Free Bed Education Institute offers grants to employees who strive to improve patient care and build additional efficiencies into our systems.
- Focus on patient care. A selfless drive to serve and heal connects all MFB employees.
- Clinical variety and challenge. An inter-disciplinary approach and a top team of professionals create ever-changing opportunities and activities.
- Family culture. We offer the stability of a large organization while nurturing the family/team atmosphere of a small organization.
- Trust in each other. Each employee knows that his/her co-workers can be trusted to make the right decisions for our family, patients, staff and community.
- A proud tradition. Years of dedicated, quality service to our patients and community have yielded a reputation that fills our employees with pride.