Mary Free Bed’s Education department provides physicians and healthcare professionals with educational opportunities to promote lifelong learning and to meet changing needs and competencies.
Continuing Medical Education Program
Mary Free Bed’s continuing education opportunities are focused on professional responsibilities related to patient safety and advocacy, new technologies, research, healthcare policy, ethics and compliance. Our goals:
• Increase awareness of new techniques, technologies and therapeutic modalities and how their applications impact patient care in a rehabilitation setting.
• Provide an update on diseases affecting the rehabilitation process.
• Discuss rehabilitation treatments and approaches.
• Identify areas of liability for self, peers and other healthcare professionals.
• Sharpen the skills and expertise of professional staff by reinforcing the principles of examination, assessment and evaluation.
• Increase practitioners’ awareness of health policy issues and the effects on patient care.
• Discuss practice management topics.
Accreditation and Credits
Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital is accredited by the Michigan State Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Contact Professional Education
616.840.8292 or 888.492.9934