Ronald McDonald House of Western Michigan
The nearby Ronald McDonald House of Western Michigan in Grand Rapids can function as your home away from home if your child is staying at Mary Free Bed in our inpatient Pediatric Rehabilitation Program. It’s a comfortable space open to both you and your child’s siblings. A shuttle service can transport you between the house and Mary Free Bed – you won’t even have to worry about traffic or parking. There is a modest fee for staying in the house. Learn more about the house by reading answers to these frequently asked questions.
Located at 1323 Cedar St., Grand Rapids | 616.776.1300
The inn at Mary Free Bed
The inn at Mary Free Bed is an affordable – and comfortable – option you may consider when seeking treatment at Mary Free Bed or when staying with a family member who is a patient here.
We have a limited number of rooms at the inn, so reservations are given on a priority basis to the following:
• Patients living more than 40 miles away and involved in an ongoing program with multiple days of treatment; patients who’ll receive a one-day specialty evaluation; or those who have routine follow-up clinic appointments.
• Outpatients residing more than 40 miles away and scheduled for early morning or late evening evaluations or treatment, or those being seen for high-frequency therapies.
• Families of inpatients residing more than 40 miles away receiving family education, or pediatric families unable to use the Ronald McDonald House.
• Families of inpatients or outpatients residing more than 80 miles away who are here for services other than family education and don’t have local transportation.
• Pediatric families with other housing resources (able to room in at Mary Free Bed or access the Ronald McDonald House of Western Michigan).
• Mary Free Bed conference speakers or job applicants.
Room features include:
• Extra spacious, accessible rooms (with roll-in showers and sinks located inside and outside the bathroom)
• In-room amenities like a flat screen TV, wireless Internet access, phone, climate control and small refrigerator
• Two lounges (a breakfast dining area and a seating area with a computer workstation);
• Continental breakfast served daily
• Access to microwave in the lounge
• Reserved parking (on the 4th level of the parking ramp)
Located on-site at Mary Free Bed | 616.840.8100
Other Nearby Options
There are a number of accessible Grand Rapids hotel rooms conveniently located to the hospital. Your family’s admissions liaison or social worker can help you make arrangements.