Back pain can sideline anyone, from a professional ballerina to a 9-to-5 office worker. It’s one of the most common but debilitating health conditions in the United States. Experts believe at least 80% of Americans will experience a disabling episode of spine pain in their lifetime. For many, the pain becomes recurrent or chronic. The Spine Center at Mary Free Bed can help.
Our highly skilled multidisciplinary team is committed to an evidence-based approach to your spine care. We focus on restoring your spinal health through rehabilitation, not surgery or medication.
Through the course of your rehabilitation, you’ll work with a team of trained clinicians that may include:
- Physicians – The Spine Center team is led by a physical medicine and rehabilitation board certified physician. Your physicians work with you for the duration of your therapy to ensure you receive the optimal care.
- Physical therapists – Your physical therapist focuses on treating your injury, empowering your progress and teaching you how to avoid similar injuries.
- Psychologists – Chronic back pain can cause depression and anxiety, which can delay healing and impact your quality of life. Our psychologists teach you how to cope with pain and stress and help you identify emotional or behavioral obstacles to your recovery.
- Occupational therapists – Your occupational therapists are experts in returning you to work and the activities you value and enjoy.
Our clinicians listen carefully to your needs and talk to you about the most up-to-date treatment options. Together we’ll establish a treatment plan that may include:
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation physician examination and treatment
- McKenzie Method® physical therapy examination and treatment
- Occupational therapy examination and treatment
- Pain psychology
- Functional capacity assessment
- Work hardening
- Manual therapy
- Fluroscopically guided injection
- Brace fabrication and fitting
However your therapy looks, our goal is the same as your goal: to get you back to the activities you love.
SCHEDULING & QUESTIONS
For more information, please call:
412 Plymouth Ave. NE, Suite 412
Grand Rapids, MI 49505
The office is located on the upper level of the Plymouth Office Center, just north of Michigan Street. When using GPS or another location service, be certain to specify “NE.”