Mary Free Bed’s Education department provides physicians and health care professionals with educational opportunities to promote lifelong learning and to meet changing needs and competencies.
Continuing Medical Education Program
Mary Free Bed’s continuing education opportunities are focused on professional responsibilities related to patient safety and advocacy, new technologies, research, health care policy, ethics and compliance. Our goals:
• Increase awareness of new techniques, technologies and therapeutic modalities and how their applications impact patient care in a rehabilitation setting.
• Provide an update on diseases affecting the rehabilitation process.
• Discuss rehabilitation treatments and approaches.
• Identify areas of liability for self, peers and other health care professionals.
• Sharpen the skills and expertise of professional staff by reinforcing the principles of examination, assessment and evaluation.
• Increase practitioners’ awareness of health policy issues and the effects on patient care.
• Discuss practice management topics.
Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital is accredited by the Michigan State Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital designates this live educational activity for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Wisconsin Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Approval number: WNA 0581
Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital is an approved provider with the Michigan Social Work Continuing Education Collaborative. Approve Provider Number: MICEC-0039
Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital is a recognized Continuing Education Provider by the Michigan Physical Therapy Association (MPTA). The MPTA approves physical continuing education course for CE providers on an individual course basis.
Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital is a Full Status Approved Provider of Continuing Education Units by the American Occupational Therapy Association.
Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital (BOC AP# P10176) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to athletic trainers.
Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital also submits individual courses to The Commission for Case Manager Certification for approval to provide continuing education to board certified case managers.
Please see details for each individual event for more information on the types of credits offered.
616.840.8292 or 888.492.9934