Come Grow With Us at Mary Free Bed
Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital has been restoring hope and freedom to patients for more than 125 years. Here are five reasons to take your career to the next level at Mary Free Bed:
1. Values-driven culture — Founded in 1891 by a group of Grand Rapids women, we’re an independent, community-owned acute care rehabilitation hospital focused solely on rehabilitation for children and adults. We offer the stability of a large organization while nurturing the family atmosphere of a small organization. That culture is reflected in our patient satisfaction rates and outcome scores, which exceed regional and national benchmarks.
2. Growth — At 167 patient beds, we’re the fifth largest rehabilitation hospital in the country. Our expanding network — which includes Borgess Hospital in Kalamazoo, Sparrow Hospital in Lansing, Hackley Hospital in Muskegon and many others — means we can offer services well beyond Grand Rapids.
3. Innovation — We empower our employees to think and perform in innovative ways and we rely on their ideas and insights to maintain our role as an industry leader. From our Motion Analysis Laboratory to customized wheelchair seating and ceiling-mounted ambulation system, we’re always pushing the boundaries to find new ways to help our patients be successful and independent. Our John F. Butzer Center for Research and Innovation identifies our best practices and helps us elevate them to the next level. We partner with Michigan State University College of Human Medicine and others to conduct research and teach medical students about rehabilitation medicine.
4. Challenge — People with extraordinarily complex needs often become patients at Mary Free Bed because of our extensive experience. If you’re a caregiver, you’ll join a team that personalizes the care offered to each patient. Non-caregivers are just as important to our patients. From security and housekeeping to IT and plant services, everyone plays an integral role in helping Mary Free Bed run as effectively and efficiently as possible.
5. Competitive rewards — We have high expectations for our employees. We also have flexible scheduling options and highly competitive salary and benefits packages. We encourage continuing education and provide tuition reimbursement for college classes, seminars and conferences. As a result, many clinicians are additionally credentialed. Our nursing staff includes a significant number of certified rehabilitation registered nurses. Also, the Mary Free Bed Education Institute offers grants to employees who strive to improve patient care and build additional efficiencies into our systems.
Questions about our job application process? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What People Say About Working at Mary Free Bed
“I really enjoy the team atmosphere. The people and clients we work with become part of an extended family. Being part of the clinical team for the Center for Limb Differences is very enjoyable and rewarding.”
– Mark Bennett, Certified Orthotist and Prosthetist in Orthotics & Prosthetics + Bionics, team member since 1983
“I love that at Mary Free Bed I have the opportunity to collaborate with an amazing team of highly skilled professionals. Every team member is committed to helping our kids and families meet their goals!”
– Andrea Dennis, Physical Therapist and Team Leader for Outpatient Therapy – Pediatrics, team member since 2009
“Mary Free Bed is an amazing place to work and the most rewarding and satisfying job I have ever had.”
– Scott Morgan, Registered Nurse for the Brain Injury Program, team member since 2014
“I am proud to be part of a professional, compassionate, friendly, caring group of people at Mary Free Bed. It is an outstanding and unique rehabilitation hospital with a mission to provide hope and freedom.
Mary Free Bed always encourages us to excel in service and pursue knowledge so that we can be the best.”
– Silpa Parupalli, Physical Therapist in the Sub-Acute Program, team member since 2009
“I love seeing the positive difference I’m making on patients’ faces.”
– Selina Powers, Cashier in Revenue Cycle, team member since 2015
Watch Our Culture in Action
Those who are part of the Mary Free Bed family — whether as a patient or employee — often speak of our unique, values-driven culture and its role in restoring hope and freedom.
Watch the videos below to learn more:
Mary Free Bed news, patient stories and social media posts are a great way to learn more about our culture and see it in action. Find us here:
Mary’s Mission, Vision and Values
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
To be the national leader in high value rehabilitation and post-acute care and to develop an integrated system of care throughout the Upper Midwest.
In order to restore hope and freedom, we’ll:
- Work collaboratively
- Innovate to offer unique possibilities
- Be truthful and respectful
- Heal with our hands and treat with our hearts
- Approach our work with joy
Mary Free Bed Diversity Vision
Diversity is all of the ways we differ individually, interpersonally and organizationally. Understanding diversity involves the recognition of cultural and other differences and traditions by identifying and empathizing with differing beliefs and behaviors. Mary Free Bed will use the strength of these differences to improve services to its community.
Mary Free Bed values diversity among the patients, families and communities it serves. Creativity and sensitivity to individual needs and differences are valued.
Mary Free Bed values diversity among its staff. Staff who share our organizational values are recruited from all areas of the workforce. Mary Free Bed fosters an environment that embraces differences by enhancing the staff’s knowledge and experience. Our staff will serve all patients, families and each other with dignity and respect.