The Mary Free Bed Guild Residency in Pediatric Physical Therapy is designed to provide specialization for clinicians through a variety of avenues, including clinical practice, intensive clinical mentoring, didactic learning experiences and teaching opportunities in each specialty area.
Please provide the following documents:
1. Official Transcript
3. Application Statement (1-2 pages in length)
Please comment on the following:
• Professional goals
• How the residency experience will influence your career
4. Three letters of recommendation/references.
The letters could include but are not limited to addressing applicants’: communication and team-based skills, self-directed learning, integration of evidence into practice, research experience, clinical reasoning skills and development.
• If within two years of graduation, at least one letter must be from a current or former clinical instructor and at least one letter from a faculty member.
• If greater than two years’ experience as a physical therapist, one letter must be from current supervisor and one letter from a professional colleague.
Deadline for 2019/2020: March 15, 2019
Please mail your materials to:
Kevin Duffy, Employment Specialist
Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
235 Wealthy St. SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Program-specific questions may be directed to
Christina Platko, PT, DPT, NCS