Most sub-acute rehabilitation programs in Michigan are located in nursing homes or retirement communities. Not Mary Free Bed Sub-Acute Rehabilitation. You’ll find us on the fifth floor of Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital in Grand Rapids.
A joint venture between Mary Free Bed and Trinity Health Senior Communities enables us to elevate sub-acute care to a new level. You or your loved one will receive treatment from rehabilitation experts and skilled nurses enabling you to return to your home or job as quickly as possible. Research shows the sooner vigorous rehabilitation begins, the better your ultimate outcome.
Mary Free Bed Sub-Acute Rehabilitation has been awarded a five-star quality rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Rankings are based on health inspections, staffing and quality outcomes. A five-star rating, the highest awarded, can be one of the factors used to choose where you want to receive your rehabilitation.
We provide short-term inpatient rehabilitation that is customized, comprehensive and coordinated to help you recover quickly from an illness, injury or surgery. Skilled nursing and rehabilitation is available for adults of all ages with many conditions, such as:
• Multiple injuries, including complex fractures
• Heart attacks and cardiac surgery
• General weakness or deconditioning after illness or surgery
• Orthopedic surgeries including laminectomy/fusion, hip and joint replacement and hip fracture repair
Why Mary Free Bed?
Mary Free Bed Sub-Acute Rehabilitation is located in our state-of-the-art building where a combination of color, glass and light create a beautiful environment. In addition to a salon, spa room, fireplace and apartment for practicing everyday living skills, patients benefit from:
- Private rooms with ceiling lift systems
- Two neighborhoods with dining areas serving fresh food
- Specialized ceiling-mounted ambulation technology
- Two therapy gyms
- Radiology, respiratory therapy, laboratory services available on campus
Click the images below to see 360-degree virtual tours of our specialized facilities.