Research shows early intervention can make a significant difference in a child’s healthy development. The Mary Free Bed Kids Autism Program offers specialized diagnostic and treatment services, including Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) therapy, for optimal growth.
We have the skills to assess your child’s potential and the loving expertise to help realize it.
Symptoms of Autism Spectrum Disorder often appear before the age of two. They may include delayed language development, repetitive or restrictive behaviors, or social skill deficits.
Mary Free Bed, an Approved Autism Evaluation Center (AAEC), offers diagnostic services at its main campus in downtown Grand Rapids as well Bay City.
Before treatment can begin, a diagnosis of autism from an AAEC is required by Blue Cross Blue Shield and Blue Care Network. An autism diagnosis is required for all patients in order to receive ABA therapy.
Call the locations nearest you to check insurance coverage and availability.
Our clinical staff will identify your child’s strengths and challenges to inform the development of a treatment plan that prioritizes:
• Functional communication
• Social and play skills
• Alternative strategies for challenging behaviors
• Cooperation and independence with daily living skills
Supervised by a Board-Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA), ABA therapy is an intensive evidence-based treatment technique for autism.
Plans of care utilize reinforcement and other specialized strategies to help improve your child’s overall functioning and quality of life. Treatment, which takes place in a safe and friendly environment. Depending on your child’s individual plan of care, it may include:
• Between 20 and 40 hours of ABA therapy weekly. Some care plans may recommend fewer hours.
• One-on-one therapy with a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT), supervised by a BCBA.
• Social skills training with near-age peer groups, supported by an RBT.
• Caregiver training to learn and implement effective strategies that reinforce your child’s behavior at home.
• Collaboration with your child’s caregivers, school and other external support systems to coordinate care.
• Additional services may include physical, occupational, speech and feeding therapy.
The Mary Free Bed Kids Autism Program focuses on children as young as 18 months through
18 years. This may vary by location. Call the program nearest you for more information.
Mary Free Bed Walker
1550 Three Mile Road NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49544
Mary Free Bed at Covenant Center for Autism
2919 E. Wilder Road
Bay City, MI 48706