Mary Free Bed’s Orthotics & Prosthetics department has officially moved into its new home in the state-of-the-art West addition of Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital.
All O&P services — prosthetics, orthotics, assistive technology and OrthoSEAT — are now housed together in one convenient location (Suite 1100 at 235 Wealthy St. SE).
The move was completed over the weekend of April 18 and 19. The first patients were seen in the new O&P offices on Monday, April 20.
Among the features of the new facilities:
- Upgraded and mobile technology to provide clinicians quick access to patient records.
- Greater opportunity for patients who can’t visit the office to communicate with technicians via teleconference or other methods.
- Computerized gait analysis systems in three rooms.
- On-site lab for quick adjustments and repairs.
- Bright and cheerful environment, including original artwork and large color photographs of Mary Free Bed O&P patients and Wheelchair & Adaptive Sports athletes.
Contact O&P in Grand Rapids at 616.840.8007 or 800.474.0324.