Posted on August 10, 2022

Meet the Ms. Wheelchair America Contestants

We’re less than a week away from the Ms. Wheelchair America National Competition! The event will be held in person in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and is sponsored by the Mary Free Bed Guild.

This year, 22 inspiring contestants from across the United States are contending for the 2023 title of Ms. Wheelchair America in the 51st year of the annual event. Contestants come together for the week to network, hear from speakers, attend workshops and experience the city.

Ms. Wheelchair America is a competition based on advocacy, leadership and achievements. Each year, state titleholders gather to learn, build relationships and crown a spokeswoman to represent the 61 million Americans living with disabilities. The selected representative goes on to communicate both the needs and the accomplishments of her constituency to the general public, the business community and the legislature.

The national titleholder has numerous duties, including promoting awareness of the need to eliminate architectural and attitudinal barriers, informing the able-bodied public of the achievements of the millions of people with disabilities across the nation, and assisting with the establishment of programs in all 50 states.


Cast Your Vote and Benefit Ms. Wheelchair America

While the judges will choose the overall contest winner, you can cast your vote for the competition’s People’s Choice Award, which will be awarded to the contestant who receives the most votes from their supporters.

Votes can be purchased for $1 each, and there is no limit to how many votes can be purchased by an individual. 60% of the total votes purchased will go toward the Ms. Wheelchair America Personal Care Attendant Fund. The remaining 40% of the total votes purchased will be awarded to the People’s Choice Award winner’s state program.

For more information on the People’s Choice Award and to cast your vote, visit


The 2022 State Titleholders

In order to qualify for entry in the Ms. Wheelchair America competition, each of these women won their state title.  They had spent time sharing their platform and advocated in their home state. Get to know the 22 state titleholders and their advocacy programs, passions and community impact below:



For more information on the People’s Choice Award and to cast your vote, visit

This year the Ms. Wheelchair America competition is proudly presented by the Mary Free Bed Guild.