Back pain and other types of recurring or chronic pain are some of the most common but debilitating health conditions in the United States. If you’re among the many Americans impacted by pain, the multidisciplinary team at Mary Free Bed Kalamazoo Southwest can help.
Our location at 7125 Stadium Drive also offers on-site Orthotics & Prosthetics + Bionics as well as Custom Seating and Assistive Technology services.
Spine and Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation
Our team of physical and occupational therapists focuses on back and neck care. We use specialized equipment, and our team – which includes McKenzie-credentialed physical therapists – has extensive training to help you recover from back- and neck-related pain. We are results-driven and use objective and subjective measuring tools to ensure your success.
Who we help:
Patients with a wide variety of diagnoses benefit from our services, including:
- Back pain, including low back pain or thoracic (upper back) pain
- Facet arthritis
- Neck or cervical pain
- Numbness or tingling in the arms or legs
- Shoulder pain, including pain that travels into the neck
- SI (Sacroiliac) Joint Pain
- Spondylosis or other age-related wear and tear of the spinal disks
- Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ) or “clicking/popping” in the jaw
- Weakness in the core muscles.
Some of the treatment methods or equipment we may use include:
- McKenzie Method for examination and treatment of spinal, neck, shoulder and knee pain
- Manual therapy
- REPEX Therapy Table for repetitive, end-range passive range-of-motion exercise
- Specific, prescribed exercises.
However your therapy looks, our goal is the same as yours: to get you back to the activities you love.
Our specially-trained clinical experts take a comprehensive rehabilitation approach to pain that isn’t focused on injections, surgery or medication. We’ll create a personalized program to improve your activity level while helping to reduce and manage your pain.
Who we help
Patients with a wide variety of symptoms benefit from our Pain Rehabilitation Program, including those with:
- Chronic, non-cancer-related pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
- Other conditions that result in chronic pain
Through the course of your rehabilitation, you’ll work with a multi-disciplinary team of trained clinicians that may include physicians, a physician assistant, pain psychologists and physical and occupational therapists.
We understand the complexities of pain, and we’re here to help you return to enjoying the things you value most.
What to expect
Treatment begins with a one-hour consultation/evaluation with a physician. Our providers will listen to your history and present conditions. If you and the provider agree that our program is a good fit for you, we’ll provide specific recommendations for a program tailored to your needs.
Most of our programs last 10 to 12 weeks, and involve appointments with each discipline as appropriate. Programs and appointments can be customized to meet individual needs.
After you graduate from the program, we may reach out periodically to provide ongoing support and encouragement.
SCHEDULING AND QUESTIONS
Click for a referral form
Orthotics & Prosthetics + Bionics
- Cranial remolding
- Lower- and upper-limb orthotics
- Lower-limb prosthetics
- Knee/Spinal bracing products
Custom Seating and Assistive Technology
- Wheelchair mobility/positioning evaluations
- Equipment seating and fabrication
- Speech Generating Devices (SGD)
- Wheelchair Pressure Mapping